Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx

HI, I  got my new hp laptop 1 month ago and i notice my temreture is too high(82+C) both cpu and gpu after 15 min playing and even without playing it like at 52 C 

i am Using CAM and its also show my fan speed at 0 is my coolsense working ?

i have OMEN by HP Laptop 15 gtx 1060

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yeah it wont affect a thing.. Intel says the processor is good for up-to 100°C before thermal throttle even begins.. So you are far off Tjmax, As for the GPU? also far from its maximum. Your temps are not even that crazy you should see what the 8750H Cpus are getting? "Normal" temps of +90°C all of the time on 15" laptops... 

That is why I went with the OMEN 17, Bigger chassis usually = Lower Temps.
My OMEN 17 7700HQ with the undervolt rarely hits 75°C on the CPU and the 1060 never gets past 65°C.
Idle temps are around 45°C for the CPU and 50°C on the GPU while plugged.
It drops to 32°C for the CPU and 45°C on the GPU while on battery.

The cons are obviously the weight and size of a 17.3" laptop but I havent had any portability issues with mine.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@alken31

To better assist you, the members will need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop???

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

REO

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY SERIAL NUMBERS

Do you have CoolSense installed???

What CPU do you have installed???

HP Recommended

thanks for the replay 

OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx and my cpu is i7 7700hq 2.81HZ 

yes coolsense is installed

HP Recommended

@alken31

NEEDPRODUCT#.PNG

What is the Product Number???

REO

HP Recommended

in HP support assistant OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx

in the website its  OMEN by HP - 15-ce097nx

HP Recommended

@alken31

No Advisories, Bulletins or Notices that apply to your problem???

Only 2 things to try.

Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Client Driver

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-15-ce000-laptop-pc/15551437/mo...

HP Firmware Pack (Intel Processors)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-15-ce000-laptop-pc/15551437/mo...

REO

HP Recommended

i already have the last virsion of both and still nothing change

HP Recommended

Your temps are not abnormal.. 
Your chassis is a 15" and that is quite small for a 1060 non Max-Q.. You are asking to cool down very hot components on a slim laptop, As long as the CPU or GPU dont thermal throttle those are your standard temperatures.

Software wise you can go for an undervolt. Search on Youtube "UNDERVOLTING USING INTEL XTU" you can apply as much as -0.150mv undervolt to the CPU which can help with temps, I did so on my OMEN and it dropped 10°C out of the max temp.

Hardware wise you can replace the stock thermalpaste with Better quality paste like Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and drop temps even further.

HP Recommended

So is it ok to run my pc for 4 hrs+ everyday with 80+ cpu and gpu temperature? Will it effect the lifetime for cpu and gpu?

HP Recommended

Yeah it wont affect a thing.. Intel says the processor is good for up-to 100°C before thermal throttle even begins.. So you are far off Tjmax, As for the GPU? also far from its maximum. Your temps are not even that crazy you should see what the 8750H Cpus are getting? "Normal" temps of +90°C all of the time on 15" laptops... 

That is why I went with the OMEN 17, Bigger chassis usually = Lower Temps.
My OMEN 17 7700HQ with the undervolt rarely hits 75°C on the CPU and the 1060 never gets past 65°C.
Idle temps are around 45°C for the CPU and 50°C on the GPU while plugged.
It drops to 32°C for the CPU and 45°C on the GPU while on battery.

The cons are obviously the weight and size of a 17.3" laptop but I havent had any portability issues with mine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.