Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

hi community - i need help with omen gaming hub and my issue is that when i play game lets say red dead redemption 2 and power is plugged i play smoothly but the problem is here when power is unplugged my fps goes down but here is the issue when i plug it back the fps cap its self to 10 fps and it wont get back up and its says in the omen gaming hub power mode "System performance has been temporarily limited due to maximum battery drain reached. Performance will be automatically adjusted back once power consumption has been reduced " and it never gets back... so please i cannot play games help me!!! hp omen 16.1 intel core i7

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Benjamin_endale,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering a power management issue with your HP Omen laptop that's affecting your gaming experience, especially when transitioning from battery power back to being plugged in. Here’s a step-by-step approach to potentially resolve or diagnose the issue:

Check Power Settings:

• Ensure your laptop’s power settings are optimized for performance when plugged in. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options and set the power plan to High Performance.
  • In the same Power Options menu, click on Change plan settings for your active plan, then Change advanced power settings. Here, make sure settings like Processor power management are set to allow 100% processor state when plugged in.

Update Your System:

• Update your Windows operating system to ensure all system components are running on the latest updates, which can resolve bugs or compatibility issues.
  • Check for updates specifically for your BIOS and graphics drivers, as these can directly impact performance. HP typically provides a support application that can automatically search for and install the latest drivers for your hardware.

Adjust Omen Gaming Hub Settings:

• Open the Omen Gaming Hub and navigate to the power settings. Look for any settings that might be capping the FPS or reducing performance when switching between power modes and adjust them accordingly.
  • If the Gaming Hub offers a customization option for when the laptop switches between battery and plugged-in states, make sure it’s set to automatically switch to high performance when plugged in.

Monitor System Performance:

• Monitor the CPU and GPU temperatures using tools like HWMonitor or MSI Afterburner. High temperatures can cause the system to throttle performance to prevent overheating.
  • Check if performance improves when the laptop cools down.

Battery Settings and Health:

• Consider the health of your laptop’s battery. If the battery is significantly degraded, it might not be able to provide sufficient power when needed, impacting performance even when plugged in shortly after being on battery.
  • You can check the battery health in Windows by running powercfg /batteryreport in Command Prompt, which will generate a report you can view in your browser.

Reset Omen Gaming Hub:

• Try resetting the Omen Gaming Hub settings to default or reinstalling the application if the issue persists. Sometimes, configuration files can become corrupted or improperly set, leading to issues.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.