Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fa0000 (680A2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a question is the USB-C port on my laptop connected to my GPU or the Integrated Graphics)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

unfortunately, i found out that my laptop USB C port is not connected to my GPU and will not work for VR. Thank you for the help. I apologize for wasting your time

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@Tempular67,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

The USB-C port on an average laptop is typically connected to the CPU's Integrated Graphics rather than the dedicated GPU. This is because the USB-C port is primarily used for data transfer and power delivery, rather than for video output.

However, your question suggests that your laptop supports video output through your USB-C port.  In which case the industry standard is that your USB-C port should be connected to your discrete GPU.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hello, NonSequitur777 when i look at my Nvidia control panel it says my USB C is the laptop display but it says it is using the Integrated Graphics. I'm not sure if i can change this because i want to play VR with this laptop but the VR headset only supports a display port but can be used with a display to USB C if the port is connected to the GPU.

HP Recommended

@Tempular67,

Have tried to see if your BIOS in advanced settings allows access to disable integrated graphics?

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Idk how ot check my bios for my laptop

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

alright, after opening the bios where do I find the option to turn off the integrated graphic

HP Recommended

@Tempular67,

Your laptop may not have the BIOS option to disable integrated graphics as BIOS options differ between PCs.

First, look for a setting ("Advanced", for example) with onboard, integrated video, VGA under Integrated Peripherals, Onboard Devices or Built-in Devices.

If your BIOS has this option, change integrated graphics into disable or off by hitting Enter.

According to the on-screen instructions, press the corresponding F-key to save your changes and click Y to confirm your action.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

It didn't give me the advance option but it gives me this laptop and I'm not to sure if it's the same 

IMG_20230414_002742548.jpg

HP Recommended

@Tempular67,

No, it's not the same.

At this point in time, if this was my issue and thinking about it, I would try the following. Mind you, do so at your own risk:

Type device manager in your Windows search bar and hit Enter to launch Windows Device Manager.

In the new window, click Display adapters to show your integrated and discrete graphics options:

NonSequitur777_0-1681458095021.png

Right-click the integrated graphics and choose Disable device (see arrow) from the menu.

There will be a popping-up warning which informs you that this action will stop the relevant function. Click Yes.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.