Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good morning,

I have the same problem too.
HP Support Assistent has stopped working since I enabled Hyper-V. HSA reports that can not connect to the network.
Kindly, could I also have the solution to solve the problem?

Notebook: HP Spectre X360 (15-bl003nl)
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from home version)

Thanks for your collaboration.

Best Regards,

Giovanni

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@gchirico

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did you try to disable  Hyper V and check what happens?

Try to uninstall and reinstall the HP Support assistance.

If you have not tried please try the above.

I see that you are using a retail version of windows that could be one of the reasons for the issue.

Eager to assist you!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

@Raj1788

Good mobbing,

I tried to do what you told me:

- Unistall and Reinstall the HP Support Assistant: this attempt did not solve the problem. I have the same error about Internet connection but the utility "Check Internet Connection" tells me everything is ok.

- If I disabile Hyper-V everything works correctly.

The problem is only when I create in Hyper-V a New Virtual Switch of external type.

If I delete this external virtual switch everything returns to work correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Giovanni 

HP Recommended

@gchirico,

I am responding on behalf of @Raj1788 as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I would like to inform you that HP Support Assistant uses the physical NIC instead of the Hyper-V NIC and when the Hyper-V NIC is enabled, HP support assistant will not connect to the internet.

Having said that, I recommend you try the below steps and check whether it helps.

1. On the physical NIC click on Properties

2. Click on the Sharing tab

3. Select "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection"

4. In the "Home networking connection" select "Wi-Fi"

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

I tried to do the steps you suggested without any success. HP Support Assistant still not working.

Can you suggest me some other solution?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and for the dedicated time.

Best Regards,

Giovanni

HP Recommended

@gchirico,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I am sending you a private message suggesting the next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue and would like to learn what you decided to communicate in privacy.

I'm sure I'm not alone with that request.

Best regards

Martin

HP Recommended

Hey there! @MartinIcking, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand after enabling Hyper V on your PC you have issues using HP support assistant.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC?

Was there any hardware component replaced recently on your PC?

Please share the product number of your laptop to assist you better.

If there were no hardware components replaced on your PC. Try the steps recommended below.

Uninstall the HP support assistant from your PC and try creating a new user account and install the latest version of HP support assistant and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about how to create a user account. Click Here

Uninstall the HP support assistant and install the latest version from the link below.

In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.
On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.
Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.
Restart your computer to complete the process.

Update the HP support assistant using this link. Click Here

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

Also, refer this article to further troubleshoot HP support assistant issues.

If the issue still persists I would suggest you download Revo uninstaller from google and uninstall all the components for HP support assistant from your PC.

And install the latest version of HP support assistant using this link. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

wasted my time doing all the suggested things, same result as for the other users in the thread:  Support Assistant still does not connect to the internet if I have a Hyper-V external switch in place. As soon as I delete that external virtual switch (which I need for my VMs to operate) support assistant is fine.

So as other people already concluded: it's an incompatibiltiy of Support assistant and Hyper-V external switches.

HP Recommended

@MartinIcking, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

I would have to research on this issue and get back to.

Please share few details to assist you better.

Product number-

Operating system-

Hyper V software version-

HP support assistant version-

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.