Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Product number- M9R63AV, serial number [edited]  Name HP ZBook 15 G3

Operating system- Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise

Hyper V software version- 10.0.17134.81

HP support assistant version- 8.6.18.11

HP Recommended

Hi @MartinIcking

unfortunately they did not give me any solution. They told me to contact telephone support.
I contacted them but they replied that my laptop comes with Windows 10 Home and they do not provide support for the Pro edition.
HP Support Assistant is installed on "consumer and non-business laptops" and is not tested by them to work with the Hyper-V feature of the Windows 10 Pro edition.
They proposed to install "HP SoftPaq Download Manager (SDM)" but my laptop is not supported by this software!
To date I have not yet solved my problem and the support (forum and phone) did not find a solution to this incompatibility between Hyper-V and HP Support Assistant!

Unfortunately I'm not happy with how HP handled the issue, refusing to solve the problem.

Best Regards,
Giovanni C.

HP Recommended

@MartinIcking, @gchirico, Thanks for writing back to us.

And thanks for sharing the product details.

I'm checking with the next level and will back to you if I get a response from the team.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@MartinIcking, thanks for your patience and time.

I have checked with the engineering team and they are working towards the issue.

And they have asked you to contact phone support and get the case escalated to the 2LS team.

I will share you few details through a private message about the contact details.

Please watch your inbox for more information.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
@MartinIcking Were you able to solve the problem?

@MrRobot Are there news from the engineering team?

Best Regards,

Giovanni

HP Recommended

This is a long standing problem that is trivial to reproduce and appears to effect HP Support Assistant on any HP machine.  I have an all-in-one, a Spectre x360 and an Elitebook and all have exactly the same issue. 

Upshot = HP simply don't support HP Support Assistant with Hyper-V.   No other software I've come across behaves this way, which indicates it's probably something HP could fix, but they simply are not interested.  Logging this as an issue has never progressed beyond 'escalate to engineering'.  I assume there's some core code issue that would be time consuming to fix, thus we are never going to see this software working with Hyper-V.

Pretty sad state of affairs really.  Hyper-V isn't some bizarre third party software, it's part of Windows 10.   HP's support in this regard is lacking.  I'm yet to find a practical workaround other than disabling the Hyper-V switch to run Support Assistant, or manually checking HP's site for driver updates.  

If HP ever decide to treat us like adults who have a clue (And if you're running Hyper-V, chances are you know what you're doing!) then perhaps this issue will be progressed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.