Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
simplesave external hard drive
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Software for the HP SimpleSave md1000h External Hard Drive

I think that I erased the hard drive information or deleted everthing without knowing  because when I connect the samplesave to my computer it dose not automaticlly backup the computer. I can not fine the LUNCHER-exe anymore would you please help me with a link to the software.

thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@vidakhaliki,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with your External HDD, don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

The external hard drive you have is a Plug and play hard drive to which as long as the PC drivers are updated, there is no need for the separate drivers.

However, you must have gotten a disc for the Backup software which you may use anytime to back up the contents stored on the external hard drive.

Follow the steps in the below manual under section troubleshooting and check if it helps. Click here

For more details, please visit this link: Click here

You can alternatively, try this link https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en (Please select the product) and then download the software.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a HP SimpleSave MD1000h External Hard Drive and accidentally re-formatted when trying to connect my phone. I can no longer access the drive, still shows with different icons, but when I click on one, nothing happens.

HP Recommended

@Dane1295
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.