Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion PC 500-489
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every week I get a screen coming up asking to schedule the update for the HP Support Assistant software.

I di this,but it NEVER updates the software.

Is this spam or really defective HP junk?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Websun-0
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 
If you are having problems updating the HP Support Assistant or downloading and installing updates through HP Support Assistant, download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the HP Support Assistant website.

Firstly, uninstall  HP Support Assistant:

1. In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.
  2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall. ...
  3. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant. ...
  4. Restart your computer to complete the process.
  5. Once its done download the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the HP Support Assistant website. 

If problems persist, make sure your Internet access is working correctly (that is, you can browse the Internet and view Web pages), and the installed security software (firewall) is not blocking the updates to HP Support Assistant.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03601631#AbT2 to Troubleshoot HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Websun-0
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 
If you are having problems updating the HP Support Assistant or downloading and installing updates through HP Support Assistant, download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the HP Support Assistant website.

Firstly, uninstall  HP Support Assistant:

1. In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.
  2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall. ...
  3. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant. ...
  4. Restart your computer to complete the process.
  5. Once its done download the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the HP Support Assistant website. 

If problems persist, make sure your Internet access is working correctly (that is, you can browse the Internet and view Web pages), and the installed security software (firewall) is not blocking the updates to HP Support Assistant.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03601631#AbT2 to Troubleshoot HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.