Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HPOfficeJet Pro 8725
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hello! Perhaps you can help me. Our HP OfficeJet Pro 8725 is connected to Wifi, was working perfectly, but just decided to print what seems like encoded text. Usually ending with:

% ! PS-Adobe - 3.0

%APL_DSC_Encoding :    UTF8

%APLProducer :    (Version 10 . 12 . 6.   (Build   16G29

I am on an iMac, sys software Sierra Versoion 10.12.6. Printer is only about a year, year and a half old, but only used last 3 or so months. Wifi connection, as I said earlier and no Error codes. Printer seems to be working perfectly, except for encoded text. Does it have something to do with Fonts? Thank you for your patience. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @J_the_Ref,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with HP OfficeJet Pro 8725 All-in-One Printer wherein its prints in coded text.

This issue could occur if the drivers are not configured properly.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps in the link to reset the printing system: Resetting the Printing System (Mac)

If the issue persists, then you may update the firmware from the link: Firmware Update

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I thought this might be a Wifi issue, perhaps miscommunication between computer and Wifi. Maybe asking this question in the 'Inkjet Printing' discussion board would be more appropriate? 

HP Recommended

Hi @J_the_Ref,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with HP OfficeJet Pro 8725 All-in-One Printer wherein its prints in coded text.

This issue could occur if the drivers are not configured properly.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps in the link to reset the printing system: Resetting the Printing System (Mac)

If the issue persists, then you may update the firmware from the link: Firmware Update

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much! I will give it a try and get back to you.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, that worked for me!

HP Recommended

Hi @J_the_Ref,

You are welcome.

I am happy to know that the issue has resolved.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries in future in this forum and we will always be there to help you.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

It has been awhile, but I truly want to thank you for helping me! Quick, curteous and efficient is always a big A+ in my book! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.