Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage Ultra 4720 All-in-One Printer series
iOS

Снимок экрана 2018-01-16 в 19.04.10.png

So, this problem comes out, saying to take out USB connect, i am doing it, and then it is sayin it over and over again. I think there is some issue with the program itself. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

1)Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

2)When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

1) yes, i looked up for instructions and did everything that is possible. But it is not working.

2) i bought it and when i tryed to make a wifi connection it started saying to unplug USB over and over again. So i am unpluging everything in my macbook, but he is saying it anyway. And interested fact is that when i plug usb in, he immidiatly says unplug it, so there is no problem with the computer USB connection. 

Plugin and unplugin system for 60 sec i tryed before, did not work.

It works perfectly with the Airprint, but is too hard to turn off wifi, to connect to hp wifi... 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @Miranda97 ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

follow these steps to reset the printer.

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Wait at least 60 seconds.

Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Once it is done, follow this link and install the latest driver for the printer. 🙂

Let me know how that pans out. 🙂

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

1)Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

2)When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

1) yes, i looked up for instructions and did everything that is possible. But it is not working.

2) i bought it and when i tryed to make a wifi connection it started saying to unplug USB over and over again. So i am unpluging everything in my macbook, but he is saying it anyway. And interested fact is that when i plug usb in, he immidiatly says unplug it, so there is no problem with the computer USB connection. 

Plugin and unplugin system for 60 sec i tryed before, did not work.

It works perfectly with the Airprint, but is too hard to turn off wifi, to connect to hp wifi... 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi @Miranda97 ,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

In this case, I would request you to remove the printer and add it back again with the device. 🙂

Keep me posted. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

do you mean to delete it from mac? if yes, i did it. 

HP Recommended

@Miranda97

It looks like you were interacting with @Barachiel but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

Install the best available HP print driver and software on your Mac using Apple Software Update. Before installing the software, turn on the printer and make sure it is connected to the computer you want to print or scan from, either with a USB cable or through your local Wi-Fi or wired network.

NOTE:

Since October 2016, HP printer software packages are no longer delivered through Apple Software Update. Visit 123.hp.com to download the latest HP software for your printer. Alternatively, if your printer supports Apple AirPrint, you do not need a driver to print from your Mac or iOS device. For more information, go to About AirPrint (in English).

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, 

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Spoiler

i am not promoted to install, and software is currently unvailable didn't appears, and then i watched list of supported printers, mine is not there.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
  • If you are prompted to install software, click Download and Install to complete the installation.
  • If ‘Software is currently unavailable’ displays, click Cancel, then go to Printer and scanner software for macOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks (in English). If your printer is supported, go to HP Printer Drivers for macOS and OS X Mavericks and later (in English) or HP Printer Drivers for OS X Mountain Lion and OS X Lion (in English) to try manually installing the drivers.
    I did all the steps, but my mac is not giving me message about installing software or even ‘Software is currently unavailable’ . And when i wanted to manually installdriver it was not listed in hp printer section. 
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.