Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

i did everything that was mentioned, but i have no driver available for my hp printer at the apple site. It is not on a list. i download Hp easy start and made a usb connection. and when i tryed to change it ti wifi connect in HP Utility it sad that. Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 12.44.35.png

HP Recommended

@Miranda97

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

It looks like we may need to restore the default wireless settings on the printer to resolve this issue:

Press a series of buttons on the printer to reset the wireless settings so the connection completes successfully.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. If the wireless light is blinking, skip to the next step to install the software.

3. On the printer, press and hold the power button.

4. While pressing down the power button, press the Start Copy Black button  two times, and then press the Cancel button  three times.

5. Release the power button.

The wireless light next to the wireless button should blink. Repeat these steps if the wireless light does not blink.

6. Immediately continue to the next step to install the software. You have approximately 120 minutes to complete the software setup using the HP auto wireless connect feature.

Once done, try the below steps:

To finish the printer setup, install the software, and then connect the printer to your wireless network.

1. Go to 123.hp.com, type the printer model (for example, Deskjet 3635), click Search, and then click Download.

2. Open the Downloads folder on the Mac dock, and then click the HP Easy Start file to begin the installation.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software installation.

• If HP Easy Start finds multiple printers, select the printer you want to install, and then continue with the on-screen instructions.

• If HP Easy Start does not find your printer, follow the on-screen instructions to connect your printer to the network.

If the installer still does not find your printer, go to Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Mac) for detailed troubleshooting steps.

4. If you are prompted to add the printer to the printer queue, click the name of your printer, click the Use or Print Using menu, select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu, and then click Add.

Figure : Example of the Add window

Image: Example of the Add window
  5. Return to the HP installer to complete the installation.

If the issue persists, and the printer doesn't connect to the network, please be patient as I have a few more steps that should help put an end to this issue, once and for all:

Step 1: Restart the computer, printer, and router

Restart the computer, printer, and router to resolve any network or communication error states.

NOTE:

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before continuing.

1. Disconnect the power cord from the router.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Close all running programs on your computer, including the HP software installation window, then shut down the computer.

4. Reconnect the power cord to the router, then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.

5. Turn on the printer.

6. Turn on the computer.

7. Try installing the HP software again.

• If the printer is found during the installation, the issue is resolved.

• If the printer is not found during the installation, continue to the next step.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

And again nothing. It again says to unplug usb cable over and over! This is what printer wireless says:Scan 1.jpegScan 2.jpegScan.jpeg

HP Recommended

I am right that this documents say that my printer is successfully connected to the network? 

Again i think there is a problem with the application itself "Hp easy start", there is no way that through all this directions it doesnt work. 

And why it says to unplug usb? Again problem with the application. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.