Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-28-2023 07:32 AM
I have an HP 8710 printer - it loses connectivity with all my devices - I turn the printer off and it allows my devices to connect for a short time but then they all do not connect.
02-28-2023 05:55 PM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
Use an Ethernet cable to connect your printer to a network, and then install the printer software.
Connect the printer to the network (Ethernet)
- Connect the printer to your network router, switch, or hub with an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure paper is loaded in the main tray, and then turn on the printer.
- Remove any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the back of the printer.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the printer and an available port on the router.
Connect the printer to your computer or mobile device
Install the print driver or the HP Smart app to set up and connect your printer.
- Make sure your computer or mobile device is connected to your local network and has internet access with a strong signal.
- Go to 123.hp.com and enter your printer model name and number.
- The service automatically finds the latest recommended software or app for your computer or mobile device.
- Download and run the driver file or install the HP Smart app.
- Follow the guided setup to connect and start using your printer.
I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!