Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Deskjet3730
Unknown

How do I set up instant ink from my iPhone using the hp printer app? Can’t find any useful info. I am printing wireless 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi! @Lesann23,

You can use the HP Smart App to set up the printer. Once that is done, you can use the browser on the iPhone to setup instant ink.

Before you sign up your printer with HP Instant Ink, make sure you meet the following requirements.
A printer eligible for HP Instant Ink: Go to HP Instant Ink, then scroll down to and click the Check to see if your HP printer works with Instant Ink link to find a list of eligible HP printers.
A printer with an active Internet connection: The printer must be set up on a wired or wireless network and Web Services must be turned on. This connection is required so that HP Instant Ink can securely monitor your printer’s ink status. A daily connection between your printer and the Internet is not required, but HP recommends that you allow your printer to remain connected as often as possible. After your printer has been disconnected for a few days, you receive reminders to connect. If you fail to connect, eventually your HP Instant Ink cartridges stop printing.
For more information about connecting your printer to your network, go to HP Customer Support. Type your printer model, and then search for the document on setting up your printer on a network
NOTE: A USB cable connection does not provide the required Internet access for HP Instant Ink.
An email address: A valid email address (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.) is required to sign up for the HP Instant Ink service.
A valid credit or debit card: A list of accepted credit and debit cards displays when you sign up for the HP Instant Ink service.

Refer this article to know more information about enrolling in the instant ink. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure that this option will be of use to me as I print wirelessly from my phone to iPad and don’t connect my printer to the internet ever. The reason I bought it was to be able to air print.  

HP Recommended

@Lesann23,

Thanks for writing back to us,

However, the printer must be connected to the Internet so we know when to send you ink. While enrolled with Instant Ink, your printer will also automatically receive and apply any necessary updates.

If you wish to enrol in instant ink ever, please do follow the steps from my previous post.

Have a blessed day ahead!

Take Care! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes I realise that. If I do decide to sign up I will follow your instructions. Thanks. You have a good day too 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.