Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-01-2022 06:40 PM
After putting a new ink cartridge in, my printer says problem with printer or ink system. If I put the old cartridge in, the message goes away. How can I get a replacement for this bad cartridge? It says warranty until April 2024.
12-06-2022 09:35 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an ink cartridge issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Are you using genuine HP ink cartridges?
- Was there any recent update on the printer prior to the issue?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP Inkjet printers - Ink cartridge errors
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
12-21-2022 02:10 AM
The first sign of a faulty cartridge will probably be a visible decline in print quality. You may see ink streaks or blotches, areas where no ink has come out at all, or certain colours may be missing from your print. With some printer makes, the printer will refuse to print with a damaged cartridge