Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-18-2022 05:07 AM - last edited on 07-18-2022 10:18 AM by Ric_ob
The information ligt "i" keeps blinking.
I can't print anything.
In the HP smart app it says that the printer is online. However when I try to print it just keeps blinking and nothing happens.
I have tried to remove it and try to install it again but that does not help.
When I try to print it says that my HP instant ink account is not active. When I try to activate it one of the steps need the Printer Code, which I cant print because the **bleep** light keeps blinking, So it is an evil loop. I am stuck.
Can anyone help to resolve this issue?
07-19-2022 07:30 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that the information light is blinking, I am glad to assist you.
Perform a power reset , Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware to install the latest updates
Here are the steps:- Click here
Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee