Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer will not print, its stating I need to go to HP Instant Ink.com 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

What can I do to get my printer to start printing.

HP Recommended

@BarrySherman, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Is the printer enrolled to Instant ink program from HP?
  • Are you using HP Instant ink cartridges in the printer?
  • Have you tried using regular ink cartridges and check if it prints?

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. It will not connect. 

HP Recommended

@Turnell, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

What model printer are you using?

What is the exact issue you are facing with the printer?

Are you enrolled to Instant Ink?

Try making a standalone copy and check if that works.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

ModelHP Officejet Pro 8620 e‑All‑in‑One Printer

I am enrolled in insta ink program

i can print a stand alone copy.

i have to click ok on the printer message telling me i'm not connected to insta ink connection. Once i do the print job will start. This happens for every print job. Pretty annoying when you are not standing at the printer. 

HP Recommended

@Turnell

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.