Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 All-in-One Printer

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8025 which was working fine until a Windows update in November.  Now, I cannot print from my computer at all.  I can scan no problem, I can print from my phone at times (when HP app connects to printer which is rare) but even then, if I try to print something, nothing goes into the print queue at all or status says "deleting document" right away.  But I've tried so many things already, removing device, re installing drivers, stopping spooler service, restarting spooler service, trying to delete drivers but they say "currently in use" when trying to delete them.  I tried Windows troubleshooter, HP Scan and Print Doctor, nothing works.  My Printer now says I'm not enrolled in HP Instank Ink even though I am, this is beyond frustrating at this point.  It's been 3 months.  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @buzzin124,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing connectivity issues with HP Officejet Pro 8025 and you are enrolled with Instant Ink.

Please refer to this link for steps to resolve this issue.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was able to fix the cartridge not enrolled problem bc I had logged into the wrong account one of the times I deleted and reinstalled the printer. 

Now my printer is connected, but I still cannot print due to the print queue problem

The document goes into the print queue for less than a second before it just disappears with nothing printing.  It doesn't matter if I use the HP Smart app or the PC to print.  It doesn't matter if I use the HP Smart printer or the HP officejet printer in devices, neither are processed by the print queue.

The printer will not print from my desktop PC, but the scanner works fine.  I can also print from my cell phone.  What option is blocking my Windows 10 computer from printing?  I changed my norton firewall to give the device full trust, I don't get it.  

queue A 0.png

I CLICKED ON PRINT HERE AND I OPENED THE PRINT QUEUE MANUALLY.  

queue C 3.pngqueue D 4.png

queue E 7.png 

buzzin124_0-1675308624012.png

THEN IT JUST DISAPPEARS FROM THE PRINT QUEUE WITH NOTHING PRINTED.  HAPPENS EVERY TIME NO MATTER WHAT APPLICATION I USE.  CANNOT TEST PRINT, NOTHING.  BUT SCANNER WORKS FINE,  PRINTING FROM PHONE WORKS FINE, PRINTING FROM MY WIFE'S COMPUTER WORKS FINE. 

HP Recommended

Hi @buzzin124,

Thank you for confirming.

As you are facing print queue issue, please perform the following steps:

Please perform the below steps and let me know

1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices. 

2) Wait for 60 seconds. 

3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize. 

4) Take out the cartridges. 

5) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall. 

6) Wait for 30 seconds. 

7) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector. 

😎 Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Remove the cartridges > Unplug the power cord > Wait for 30 seconds > Plug the power cord back > Insert the cartridges

9) Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.

and also uninstall the HP smart app and reinstall it.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It didn't work, same problem.  Nothing will stay in my print queue for more than a second before it just auto deletes with no printing.  

HP Recommended

Hi @buzzin124,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query. I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing printing issues with your HP Officejet Pro 8025 All-In-One Printer.

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor on the computer connected to the printer.
1. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/help/printscandoctor 
2. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
3. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.
4. If your printer is not in the list, turn it off and on and then click Retry.
5. If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.
6. If the screen displays prompting to turn on printer updates, click Yes and continue.
7. If the screen displays prompting to make your printer the default printer, click Yes and continue.

You may also refer to this document to know how to use HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Let me know if this helps and have a great day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.