Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 6230
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have the following error:

'cartridge error - Either an ink cartridge is not installed or there is an issue with the installed cartridge. Replace or clean the cartridge to resolve the issue—you will not receive ink shipments until the error is resolved.'

I have an HP ENVY Photo 6230 All‑in‑One Printer with an active instant ink subscription.

I've followed the online guidance to remove/clean/replace the black cartridge twice and it's not resolved. The printer & guidance says to replace the cartridge but I don't have a another black cartridge to replace it with as I wasn't due one as it had plenty of ink left.

Please advise what I can do.
Many thanks,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Stewoo,

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Stewoo,

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Try Single cartridge mode -

The printer you own can work in single-cartridge mode, wherein the printer will be able to print with one cartridge in the printer.which will help us identify if its a cartridge issue or a printhead issue 

To try single-cartridge mode follow the below steps:

remove the black ink from the printer, leave the color in and try printing 
then remove the color ink and, insert the black  in and try printing 

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Hi Jay,

I'd already moved to single cartridge mode using the colour cartridge, i've just tried swapping them round and it wouldn't enter single cartridge mode for the black, it came up with the same/original message: cartridge error.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi Jay,

Cartridges arrived yesterday - i replaced the black, made a test print and re-calibrated/aligned and all is now working fine 👍

Thanks very much for your help.

HP Recommended

You're welcome 🙂

I am glad the issue is resolved.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Please click “Accepted Solution” on my public post if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.