cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Mark-54321
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Cartridge problem (Black)

HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7134
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am paying every month for Instant Ink.  Two days ago the black cartridge failed and I have spent several hours already trying to get it fixed.  I really don't see why I should have to post a message to an online forum but here goes ... 

The printer shows error message "Remove and resinstall the indicated cartridge".  I have done so countless times, to no avail.  Virtual Assistant advised to check the printer firmware.  It is up to date (printer automatically updates itself when needed and I checked manually).  I have cleaned the contacts and reset the printer - several times.  The support website is sending me in circles back to the same places.  I asked to connect with an Instant Ink agent and it says support is closed, yesterday and again today.  I tried Whatsapp and got no response in > 24 hours. 

PLEASE SEND ME A NEW CARTRIDGE SO I CAN CARRY ON PRINTING !!  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,559 1,555
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mark-54321, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mark-54321, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Mark-54321
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, TEJ1602, for arranging to send a new ink cartridge.  I look forward to receiving it. 

0 Kudos
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mark-54321

My pleasure 🙂

I shall follow up once you receive the ink.

Thanks!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Mark-54321
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks, TEJ1602, for your assistance.  This week I received two replacement black cartridges from HP.   I have fitted a new cartridge in my printer, and it is now working fine.

I would also like to thank Sonia from HP Support who responded to my WhatsApp message after several days.  She very helpfully informed me that it is possible to use the printer without the black cartridge installed.  After a very frustrating week of searching online and chasing support for what seemed to be a straightforward problem this information enabled me to carry on using the printer, albeit with the colour cartridge producing a dark gray in place of black.  For anyone else suffering similar issues and who hasn't already tried it, just remove the offending cartridge, close the cover and the printer will show a message saying that it will be working on only one cartridge.

While I am pleased to have a working printer again, and I appreciate the efforts of the agents who helped me, this experience has dented my confidence in HP.  Instant Ink is a great idea but surely ink cartridges must fail from time to time and I would have expected you to have a much more straightforward way of resolving such issues.  When the replacement cartridges were eventually sent to me, they were sent separately and on the same day from Germany to UK via overnight DHL and with shipping notes showing expected delivery 11 days and 4 days before dispatch!  Clearly this is not a smoothly running operation.  It would have been nice to feel there is a commitment from HP to enable Instant Ink customers to keep printing.  

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation