cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
delta76
Level 1
5 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Catch-22 situation with instant ink

HP Recommended

Hi,

My printer ink has run out (even thought it reports to have 2/3 left, it can't print anything), and I have some important documents to print, so I decide that I can try out instant ink. Well, everything was smooth unless I was asked to put in my printer code, which would be printed if I press two buttons at once. Ugh. But I can't print to start with, don't you see?

Is there a way for me to move forward instead of stuck in this catch-22? 

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,991 5,975 710 998
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You didn't state what printer model you have.

Also, why would you think that instant ink will make your printer to print again when it doesn't print with 2/3 of ink left of normal ink cartridges. This smells more like a printhead dried, clogged or defective, in that case, instant ink will not help you at all.

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
delta76
Author
Level 1
5 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. 
It is a 2630 (or 2632? ) inkjet all in one

You are right that it might not be a out of ink problem, but it is the most likely. With new cartridge it will very easy to check. I checked and it looks like the black one is dry. 

0 Kudos
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,991 5,975 710 998
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In your case replacing ink cartridge(s) will make your printer to print fine again.

You can try to soak a black cartridge (the bottom printhead part) in hot water that might help dissolve dried ink so you can print your code.

My profile on LinkedIn

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation