Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Custom
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I initially signed up for the instant ink free 15 plan on my Envy 6232 because I really use it more for scanning than printing.

During the COVID crisis in france, i upgraded to the 50 pages plan because I had to print many authorizations to be able to go outside.

I would now like to go back to the free 15 plan as I almost never print more than 15 pages per month.

Unfortunatly, when I try to change the plan, this free 15 plan is not in the list.

How can I do to downgrade to this 15 plan plan now ?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Looping

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Fabien,

This is clearly listed in the service terms of the agreement.

Here is the relevant section within the terms and a link to the terms:

Spoiler
  • Limitation de changement de Forfait. Si un Participant fait passer une Imprimante Inscrite au Forfait d’impression gratuit vers un Forfait payant (une « Imprimante Mise à niveau »), le Participant ne peut pas par la suite faire repasser l’Imprimante Mise à niveau pour retourner vers le Forfait d’impression gratuit. De surcroît, un Participant ne peut pas faire passer une imprimante utilisée dans le cadre d’un Forfait payant vers le Forfait d’impression gratuit.

https://instantink.hpconnected.com/fr/fr/terms

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Dear Looping007,

Last year, I had the same question about the HP Instant Ink free plan. I had called HP to ask, and I was told that the 15 pages per month free plan is only an introductory offer. Sadly, once a different plan is chosen, or upgraded to then it is impossible to change back to the 15 pages per month plan. 

Have a nice day!

Evan

HP Recommended

Thanks for your feedback Evan.

If this is true, then HP is just simply and widly lying because first of all, it is not written anywhere that it is not possible to downgrade the plan back to the 15 plan, and even worst, it is written that you can freely upgrade or downgrade your plan from one month to the other at any time, not mentionning that you can forget your 15 page plan... HP is really not being honest on this matter.

I would not mind having to wait for 3 month or so before being able to roll back, but not being able to roll back at all doesn't seem acceptable to me as I barelly use 5 to 10 pages per month, there is no way I will keep a plan for 50 pages ! 🙂

If I had known that I could not get back to the 15 plan, I would never have switched to the 50 page plan...

If HP confirms this, I can already say that my next printer will not be an HP...

Have a nice day ! 🙂

Fabien

HP Recommended

Dear Looping007,

I just took a look at their policy, it is actually written in their policy for the Instant Ink service. "No Downgrades. If You upgrade an Enrolled Printer from the 15-Free Program to a paid Service Plan (an “Upgraded Printer”), You may not subsequently downgrade the Upgraded Printer in order to return to the 15-Free Program. Additionally, You may not downgrade a printer from a paid Service Plan to the 15-Free Program." (https://instantink.hpconnected.com/us/en/terms) If you usually do not print more that a relatively small number of pages per month and do not want to continue to Instant Ink service, then I would recommend using HP Economy size inks. These are usually less expensive than the regular or xl ink size, but are smaller too. If you want to learn about the different ink options for your printer, then you can visit https://learn-about-supplies.ext.hp.com/ for more information.

Have a nice weekend!

Evan 

HP Recommended

Hi Fabien,

This is clearly listed in the service terms of the agreement.

Here is the relevant section within the terms and a link to the terms:

Spoiler
  • Limitation de changement de Forfait. Si un Participant fait passer une Imprimante Inscrite au Forfait d’impression gratuit vers un Forfait payant (une « Imprimante Mise à niveau »), le Participant ne peut pas par la suite faire repasser l’Imprimante Mise à niveau pour retourner vers le Forfait d’impression gratuit. De surcroît, un Participant ne peut pas faire passer une imprimante utilisée dans le cadre d’un Forfait payant vers le Forfait d’impression gratuit.

https://instantink.hpconnected.com/fr/fr/terms

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Well, it's too bad I didn't see it...I was interested in HP in the first place because of this 15 plan, so if I can't have it anymore, It is not as attractive anymore...

I was already very disapointed and very unhappy with the printer because everytime I try to numerize a document from HP Smart (after a few hours of inactivity, and from 2 different computers in USB), all the lights and symbols start litting for some strange reason, and the only way to get it to work again is to press the power button for several seconds so as too reboot it. I Tryied to check for firmware updates from HP smart but it doesn't work eather because it says someone else is trying to update it... Since I have this bug from the start, I have given up trying to find a solution...

Wonderfull product...

Anyway, I should have read better, my fault... The printing quality isn't bad, but this product is clearly not finished, and since I have no access to the 15 plan anymore... There is no more reason for me to keep using this printer after the cartridges are empty... 

Many thanks to all of you for your help anyway and have a nice day !

Fabien

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.