Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Twice my plan has changed without permission. The first time I just paid it and changed it back, this time my bill changed from $0. to $13.99. My printer has been i storage for 6months. I am not paying it. I called support and she kept telling me I had to pay or put in new ink, and i kept telling her neither were possible. Rather than continue to talk in circles I asked her to have a supervisor call me back, no one called. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@LnB11 

Welcome to the HP Community.

The Short Answer

If the contract / subscription is not active,

Instant Ink cartridges do lock and cannot be used in any printer.

Remove all the Instant Ink cartridges from the printer.

Purchase and install new HP cartridges.

The Long Answer

Possibly describes what has happened...

I cannot comment on your subscription rates, changes, or the cost of any plan. 

I do not work for HP.

Unfortunately, just removing the printer from service and putting it in storage does not automatically discontinue your subscription. 

The agent was perhaps reminding you to pay for past charges that have accrued on the subscription. 

Not the case?  Ignore.

If subscription charges are not paid, the contract can be terminated.

Contract can be terminated / cancelled by the subscriber.

Contract can be terminated by the provider (HP).

Instant Ink cartridges - and any Instant Ink "Ready" cartridges that have been activated as part of the subscription - remain the property of HP.

After the subscription is terminated - regardless of who terminates the contract - the Instant Ink cartridges do lock after the conclusion of the contract terms. 

Locked cartridges cannot be used in any printer. 

Locked or depleted cartridges should be returned to HP for proper disposal.

Purchase and install a new set of HP Ink cartridges.

==========================================================================

What else?

If something was done incorrectly, it can be sorted.

I will forward your concerns to the Moderator Team.

Should anything come of that request for Review, you will hear back.

Be Prepared / Consider

Take a look at your Terms of Service Contract so you are informed of your rights and responsibilities.

==========================================================================

Things that are Instant Ink

Note:   If you have not opened the site for a while, know that the website has been updated..

Clear your browser cache for both hpconnected and instantink

Instant Ink Support Website

HP Instant Ink - Support, Information, Enroll, FAQ, Terms of Service / Contract

Not your home site?  Click the Flag to change to your region.

Click on FAQ

For example,

• Read Check to see if your HP printer works with Instant Ink
  • Change or cancel anytime link is located in the “tiny print” area at the bottom of the website (USA)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Need Help?  Contact Support - Options

1. Enrolled in Instant Ink?  >> Check for Support contact options in your Instant Ink Account.
  2. Contact >> HP Instant Ink Support   NOTES:  Select Your Region // Hours are as listed at the site.
  3. The Terms of Service contract provides contact information, usually in the very first section.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

READ the all-important Terms of Service Contract > Scroll to the bottom of the Instant Ink website  – in the “tiny print” area (bottom of the main web page), look for and click on the link for instantink.hpconnected.com/terms

Examples of the Terms of Service Contract for various regions

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - USA

Instant Ink – Terms of Service - UK

TERMINI DI SERVIZIO DI HP INSTANT INK - Italy 

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - Ireland

CONDITIONS GENERALES D’UTILISATION DU SERVICE HP INSTANT INK - France

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@LnB11

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.