cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER..
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Claim code issue(DeskJet2600)

HP Recommended
DeskJet2600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi.

My printer is second hand and was connected to an old account from the previous owner. So now Im trying to get a new claim code and register this to my own ink account.

I'm facing the situation that the 'Congratulations' page only has an ePrint address (not a printer claim code) and I found the righ t solution on Q&A page:

<Print the printer information page by pressing the Information button and locate the printer's IP address on the printed page. Enter the printer's IP address in a web browser and navigate to the "Web Services" section of the web page. Remove web services and re-enable them. A page with the title "Congratulations" is printed with the printer claim code.">

I have done as the instruction said but am quite confused about the step "Enter the printer's IP address in a web browser and navigate to the "Web Services" section of the web page. Remove web services and re-enable them."

I entered the IP address in my browser and then don't know the next step.Can you please explain more particular about this process?Thank you so much!!

1 REPLY 1
Level 17
Level 17
30,433 30,151 5,200 12,053
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you have removed web services as instructed, this is the claim code.

You should only use the part till the @hpeprint.com as the claim code, not the full HP ePrint address.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation