Level 2
21 9 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Conflicting Printer Statuses

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 5255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a multipart question.   I've been having some printer issues, but those seem to be resolved at this time.  What I'm seeing here is the following:

1.  If I check my account an Instant Ink, it shows the right printer and shows the right ink levels.  However, it doesn't show any pages used.  I ran a print test page and it didn't register.  I know I should have some number of pages used.

2.  HP Support Assistant shows the correct printer (a 5255) installed, but there's no notation that it's subscribed to Instant Ink.

3.  The HP Smart app shows the right printer, but shows the status as uninstalled.

How do I correct these? 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't know about #2 and #3, but WRT #1, in my experience it can take up to a day for a print job to register in the account page online. If it hasn't been at least a day since you printed, I wouldn't be concerned; just keep checking.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
21 9 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nope ... it's been more than a day.  I think it's probably related to the other two issues.  Thanks for getting back to me so soon.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation