Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-06-2022 09:45 AM - last edited on 09-06-2022 10:20 AM by MarcusC
My printer is hooked up to my computer through ethernet, but my computer is hooked up wirelessly. For some reason, my printer is saying that it can't print because I need to connect the printer to update HP Instant ink status and that I don't have it connected to the internet. My computer is on a wireless network so it still should print right?
09-07-2022 02:29 PM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I am glad to assist you to fix the web service connection error on your printer.
Meanwhile, follow these steps to fix the issue.
Turn On Web Services
- Make sure the printer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active internet connection.
- NOTE: If you connect your printer to a computer with a USB cable, web-connected printing services do not work.
- If your printer is connected with a wired (Ethernet) connection, check the cable and the lights on the printer’s Ethernet port. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.
- If your printer is connected with a wireless connection, make sure the wireless feature is on and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.
- Some printers have a wireless icon and a blue light on the front of the printer. If the printer has a blue light, and the light is on and not blinking, your printer is connected.
- On your control panel, press the HP ePrint icon.
- If your control panel does not have an HP ePrint icon, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu.
- If a summary screen displays, Web Services is already on.
- If a prompt to turn on Web Services or set up HP ePrint displays, follow the prompts to turn it on or set it up.
- If you are prompted to update the firmware, press OK.
Refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee