Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
macOS 12.0 Monterey

I am unable to completely delete old printers that were on my instant ink subscription that I have now cancelled due to this issue and several others. If I can't get the printers deleted I want to permanently delete all data and my instant ink account since I will never be buying an HP printer on an instant ink program ever again. So not worth the hassle and permission issues or being out of ink all the time and waiting 10 days for the ink to show up or the endless connectivity issues. Why can't I send an account deletion request from my account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is what I was looking for:  www.hp.com/us-en/privacy/ww-privacy-form.html.  I finally got it from chatting with HP support. Not sure why it would be so difficult to post this link except to delay customers from deleting their accounts.  The instant ink website needs to allow a user to fully delete online or offline printers entirely from the UI (not partially delete where the printer make and model still show up on the dashboard) and allow deleting of the stored credit card especially when there is no active subscription. If these worked I would not have to even go submit this form to delete my entire account. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @DELETEACCOUN1 ,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Delete Printers:

Printer Settings:

• Open the System Preferences on your Mac.
  • Select "Printers & Scanners" or a similar option.
  • You should see a list of printers. Right-click on the printer you want to remove and select "Delete" or "Remove."

HP Smart App:

• If you have the HP Smart app installed, open it.
  • Look for printer management options, and you should find an option to remove or forget a printer.

System Preferences (Older macOS Versions):

• For macOS versions before Monterey, you might find printer settings under "Print & Fax" or "Print & Scan" in System Preferences.

Cancel HP Instant Ink Subscription:

Online Account:

• Navigate to the subscription or account settings.
  • Look for an option to cancel your subscription.

Email:

• Check the emails you received when you first signed up for Instant Ink. There might be instructions on how to cancel the subscription.

Email or Online Form:

• Check if there's an email address or online form for account-related inquiries on the HP website.

Always be cautious when deleting accounts, as it might result in the loss of data or access to certain services.

You may also refer to this document: HP Instant Ink - Manage your account

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

The response did not help at all since I am only referring to deleting printers on the instant ink website located here hpsmart.com/us/en/ucde/my-printers.  I have deleted both printers in the UI on the instant ink website however  the UI still displays both of my old printers both of which are offline since I no longer have either printer.  When I select a printer it prompts me to add a printer where before it would show the printer details so the delete printer option does something.  However if I deleted the printer why is it showing that I still have 2 owned printers that I don't own anymore.

Also it is obvious the response was a copy paste since I have already cancelled my instant ink subscription so I don't need that info or any info in removing printers on a Mac since that is really easy to do. I don't even have the HP app installed on my phone so that is not relevant either.

The info I really need is how to delete my entire instant ink account and all the data since it is clear I can't get answers to the other questions and I don't want to keep this account.

HP Recommended

Hi @DELETEACCOUN1,

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate your efforts. As the issue still persists, I am sorry to hear that  This needs one-on-one interaction To assist you better,  I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

This is what I was looking for:  www.hp.com/us-en/privacy/ww-privacy-form.html.  I finally got it from chatting with HP support. Not sure why it would be so difficult to post this link except to delay customers from deleting their accounts.  The instant ink website needs to allow a user to fully delete online or offline printers entirely from the UI (not partially delete where the printer make and model still show up on the dashboard) and allow deleting of the stored credit card especially when there is no active subscription. If these worked I would not have to even go submit this form to delete my entire account. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.