Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2732
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am helping a friend setup their new HP Deskjet 2732 to replace an old dead printer.

The printer uses the wireless server to connect to the computer, it currently both prints and scans correctly and appears to be completely installed.

At the same time they ordered the 6 mo of free Instant Ink and are seriously considering this to be cheaper than where they had been getting ink prior to this, BUT the printer is not wanting to connect to the Web Services server.

I've tried several of the online troubleshooting FAQ's etc. I'll try to tell you what I have already tried.

The USB cable is no longer connected (although it's readily available). The wireless router and printer are 4 inches apart so there is no signal attenuation problems.

Within the EWS (through any of the five ways I've found to do this). The browser will tell me it isn't a secure connection. Everything connects correctly within EWS except the Web Services (Network Summary: Connected; Wireless Setup Wizard: Configured; Wi-Fi Direct: On). Within the Web Services Tab it will start with the following:

-Web Services Settings Setup

-Web Services Setup in Progress (the Printer is currently setting up Web Services. To see the current status of this prcess, click "Refresh".
      -If you click Refresh
   -Network Problem: A network problem occurred while the printer was trying to connect to the Web Services server. Click "Troubleshoot" to diagnose the problem, or click "Close" and fix the problem later.
      -If you click Troubleshoot
   -The printer could not connect to Web Services. Web Services might be busy or temporarily unavailable. Try again later.

Neither the computer nor router is using a proxy server. I've updated the firmware to the printer, and I believe I've updated it to the router (although this is even more black boxed than the printer is).

I've tried both the HP virtual agent and the Instant Ink Virtual Agent got nowhere (the Instant Ink Virtual Agent was absolutely worthless as I believe it relied upon the Web Services server). It did not provide me with the promised Case # (although we are obviously still under warranty).

Called basic tech support and had a gentleman basically go through what I showed you above as well as check some other diagnostics. In the end he said he couldn't fix my problem and gave me the Instant Ink / Connected Services support line. Calling this line puts me into a phone server loop that leads no-where or tells me to use a Virtual Agent until I get a case #.

It's a Windows 10 Home machine, connected through a cable modem/wireless router.

Our goal is to get the Instant Ink supported in some fashion, so even if there is a non-server based workaround this would work.

Thank you in advance GWomeldorff

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@GWomeldorff

Welcome to the HP support community.

Turn on the printer web services.

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I apologize in advance if I appear condescending, but a good portion of my day today was spent teaching things so I'm in that mode.

As for everything in your link, the printer connects to the computer through the wireless router, the computer connects to the internet through the wireless router.

I can connect to the EWS and everything within the EWS appears to connect correctly (I don't have access to a cellphone to attempt printing through the WiFi Direct, and they have no intention of using this aspect.

Within the Web Services Tab it displays none of the options available through your link (aka it derails your flowchart)

Within Web Services Settings Setup
-Web Services Setup in Progress (the Printer is currently setting up Web Services. To see the current status of this prcess, click "Refresh".
-If you click Refresh
-Network Problem: A network problem occurred while the printer was trying to connect to the Web Services server. Click "Troubleshoot" to diagnose the problem, or click "Close" and fix the problem later.
-If you click Troubleshoot
-The printer could not connect to Web Services. Web Services might be busy or temporarily unavailable. Try again later.

1) My consideration of possible problems are that the printer has a unknown fault
2) or the router connection somehow blocks the signal (I do not have full access to their router software so I cannot run test or verify that the printer is actually even attempting to ping the server).
3) or that somehow their computer is somehow causing connection problems (I consider this a lesser possibility).

Assuming that it won't cause some sort of fubar within your systems I'm considering taking the printer to our church where I can monitor the network and use a computer with less software and less possibility of various malware. This should isolate the first option from the others, at least I can find out if we need to redeem the warranty. How do I go about obtaining a "Case No. from HP" as you appear to be stingy with these, but I will need it if redeeming the warranty.

HP Recommended

@GWomeldorff

Yes, you can try those steps and reply if you need more assistance.

I will be glad to assist you further.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i am having the same issue . Were you able to fix the issue ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.