Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3835 All-in-One Printer
iOS

Hi,

I have given my printer to someone else to use, and they want to connect it to their instant ink account. I cancelled my instant ink subscription, but my billing cycle does not end until the end of September, so I cannot remove the printer from my account. When I try and remove the printer it says that my subscription is still active so it cannot be removed from my account. I assume that once the billing cycle is over I will be able to disconnect the printer from my account. 

If I factory reset the printer, will someone else be able to link this to their instant ink account, even if it is technically still connected to my account? They need to use it before my billing cycle finishes, and therefore before I can remove it from my account. 

Thanks in advance 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Elizabeth249,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing an issue with your Instant Ink Connected Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To answer your question: Yes! you have to wait until the billing cycle ends and then you have to delete the printer from your account, only then they will be to enroll the printer back into their account. Even if you try to perform a  factory reset on the printer even then instant ink will be disconnected from the printer but it will still be active on the Instant Ink server, so it will not let them enroll the printer to their account. 

Refer to this article to know more information about managing HP instant ink Account.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.