Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-13-2021 08:59 AM
The previous owner really should have disconnected their account from the printer.
The issue can be sorted.
Reminder: If the original Instant Ink account is still active, be prepared to prove ownership.
What to do?
Wait here for an agent to find and respond to your request.
Contact Instant Ink Support and ask for help.
Instant Ink cartridges remain the property of HP. After the subscription is terminated, these cartridges will lock and cannot be used in any printer.
The first shipment of Instant Ink cartridges can take a while to arrive. Plan on having ink for your printer OR plan on waiting. Typical wait times used to be about ten days - could be longer.
Things that are Instant Ink
Not your home site? Click theto change to your region.
Watch the video posted on the Website
- Read Check to see if your HP printer works with Instant Ink
- Change or cancel anytime link is located in the “tiny print” area at the bottom of the website (USA)
- Enrolled in Instant Ink? >> Check for Support contact options in your Instant Ink Account.
- Scroll down on the Website to Need some expert advice?
- II Support Portal >> HP Instant Ink Support NOTES: Select Your Region // Hours are as listed at the site.
- The Terms of Service contract provides contact information, usually in the very first section.
Want to Cancel your Subscription? READ HP Instant Ink - Cancel Your HP Instant Ink Service
READ the all-important Terms of Service Contract > Scroll to the bottom of the Instant Ink website – in the “tiny print” area (bottom of the main web page), look for and click on the link for instantink.hpconnected.com/terms
“Things that are your printer”
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
: Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
Open Product Home
Enter the type and name of your HP device
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"