Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Acer desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday I printed one full colour A4 page with no problems, then when printing a second page, the printer suddenly slowed right down. I left it to finish but when I came back the colour had run out and the image was finished in b/w. A message had come up on the printer saying  that 'the indicated cartridges are not intended for use in this printer'. Pretty rich, considering that HP supplied the cartridge under the Instant Ink scheme!  In any case, I have used the printer perfectly ok since I installed this cartridge up until now so can't understand why it suddenly says it's not the right one! I have gone through all the 'fixes' on the HP website including trying to uninstall and reinstall, turn off, turn on, pull out plug, reconnect plug, remove and replace both cartridges, update the firmware, drivers, you name it and none of it has worked.  So I am thinking the cartridge is faulty. But another message said 'Either an ink cartridge is not installed or there is an issue with the installed cartridge. Replace or clean the cartridge to resolve the issue—you will not receive ink shipments until the error is resolved.'  GREAT!  How can I replace the cartridge if you won't send me one as a shop bought one won't be recognised either!! How do I resolve this then, please??!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Don't worry about a reply. I got onto the HP Chat eventually and it was sorted immediately. Replacement cartridge on its way, thanks to a very helpful chat person.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Don't worry about a reply. I got onto the HP Chat eventually and it was sorted immediately. Replacement cartridge on its way, thanks to a very helpful chat person.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.