Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-25-2022 12:05 PM - last edited on 10-25-2022 02:10 PM by RodrigoB
Hi, I've just installed my instant ink colour cartridge and I am getting a communication error between the cartridge and the printer. I have tried the following: resetting the printer, re installing the cartridges, running the cartridge cleaning tool, gently wiping the contacts on the cartridge. None of these things have solved the problem - looks like a faulty cartridge. Is there any way to resolve this issue? Or do I need to have another cartridge sent out. Thanks.
11-11-2022 04:43 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting cartridge error, I am glad to assist you.
Perform a power reset , Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware to install the latest updates
Here are the steps:- Click here
Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here
Keep me posted.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee