Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-31-2023 08:54 AM - last edited on 04-02-2023 11:36 AM by PalenoRafael
Mac Ventura 13.2.1
I installed new ink cartridges last night (both black and multi) that I received via hp instant ink. HP smart app is able to connect to the printer and recognizes the ink cartridges are new and full. Diagnostic test finds no issues and I am able to print test pages. When I attempt to print, whether it is via air print from my phone, from google drive connected through the printer itself, or from my mac, the printer prints half a page and then displays a blue screen with error code 6201922a with rotating flashing lights. I have tried unplugging the printer and waiting 60+ seconds before restarting. The printer starts as expected, but the same error occurs when attempting to print. However, in the Printer Settings in the Mac settings, the printer says 'out of paper', which it is not. The printer queue says that the document has finished printing. I have not tried copying or scanning. At this point this printer is a giant paperweight and I need advice on how to get it working or in the trash it goes, followed by a trip to Costco to purchase a Cannon
04-03-2023 06:15 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
I see that you are facing printing issues with your HP Printer when printing from Mac computer.
Please follow the steps listed below to reset printing systems and then add the printer.
1. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.
2. Click Printers & Scanners, Print & Scan, or Print & Fax.
3. Right-click (or Control + click) anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click Reset printing system.
4. Click Reset or OK.
Note: Once you click on reset any other printer added to this computer will also get deleted and needs to be added again.
5. If prompted, type your username and password, and then click OK. The printing system resets.
6. Turn off the printer, wait 5 seconds, and then turn on the printer.
7. Wait until the printer is idle and silent.
8. In the Printers window on the Mac, click the Add button.
9. Select your printer from the list, and then click Add.
It might take a few seconds before your printer displays in the Printers list.
You may also follow the video in this document
Note: Resetting Printing System will delete the drivers of the other printers added to the Mac computer and you may need to re-add those printers.
I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!