Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-07-2022 07:55 AM - last edited on 11-07-2022 01:04 PM by RodrigoB
The add printer process fails each time I try to use it and as a result I cannot add my new printer to my instant ink account. the error code OW_4XX__OWSWS0001 shows everytime I try to add the printer and finish the setup. Please can anyone help?
11-22-2022 09:08 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are unable to add the printer to the instant ink account, I am glad to assist you.
Restart the printer, router, and computer
- Resolve any error states by restarting network-connected devices.
- Turn off the printer.
- Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer. These connection types can prevent the printer from connecting to the wireless network.
- Disconnect the power cord from the Wi-Fi router, wait fifteen seconds, reconnect the cord, and then wait for the lights to display a connected status.
- Restart the computer.
- Turn on the printer.
Turn on Web Services from the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
- Open the advanced settings in the HP Smart app or connect to the printer homepage to enable Web Services.
- Open the Advanced Settings (EWS) in the HP Smart app or type the printer IP address into a web browser address bar.
- If a login or certificate window displays, complete the information to finish opening the EWS.
- If a website security certificate displays, click Continue to open the printer homepage.
- If a login window opens, type admin for the username, and then type the PIN found on the label located underneath or on the back of the printer, or the password set by the printer administrator.
- On the printer homepage or from the advanced settings, click Web Services.
- Click Continue, Turn On, or Enable, and then follow any instructions to turn on Web Services.
Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee