Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet 4650

I just replaced the black ink and error code: OXC4EB8837 appeared and won’t let me do anything. Also, all three buttons on the left are blinking as well.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Jmclerran

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

• Are you using HP ink cartridges?
  • Remove the black ink cartridge from the printer and check if the error persists.
  • This printer supports printing in single-cartridge mode. Remove the black and try printing in color to check if that works.

Also, kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document to resolve this issue.

Check for any jams inside the printer and make sure the print carriage is moving freely.

For more info on resolving 0xc errors, kindly refer to this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've been having the same issue for the past 2 weeks. Installed a new cartridge and got this error. I thought it was a faulty cartridge as my empty black cartridge worked fine and no error message appeared then. I chatted to a HP Support on WhatsApp who sent me a new black cartridge which arrived today. Unfortunately, I have the same problem with the new cartridge. I tried all the steps mentioned above, including steps in both mentioned links to no avail. Still getting the same error message. When i took the black cartridge out and put the old empty one in, all was okay again. It's interesting that my 2 newest cartridges don't work and also that I'm not alone! There must be a wrong batch or something.

Any other tips I can try to make it work?

Not the best time to be without a printer when I'm homeschooling.

HP Recommended

@VelvetM

If you have tried the steps mentioned and the issue persists, this could be a hardware issue with the printer. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for quick answer.

Can I please ask how is this a possible hardware issue when older cartridge works fine and it's just the new cartridge that causes issues? I would expect my printer to show this error with any cartridge, old or new, if this was my printer malfunctioning. Also, that I'm not the only one with newest black cartridge issue (considering the OP and all the faulty black cartridge posts in the forum in the past few days/weeks).

I will contact support chat again,though, as don't seem to have other choice.

Regards.

HP Recommended

@VelvetM

You have already used 2 new black ink cartridges and the error persists. The old ink cartridge is empty and we cannot take it into consideration. Kindly contact the support team for further assistance. 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.