05-29-2019 03:11 PM - last edited on 07-02-2019 02:49 AM by NitM
When installing a new instant ink black cartridge, a message keeps coming up that says, “Remove and reinstall the indicated ink cartridge, making sure it is correctly installed. If this message continues to appear, replace the indicated ink cartridge.”
I have done that several times as well as checked to make sure the drivers are up to date.
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-29-2019 04:13 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Try these steps -
1) Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent.
3) With the printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.
3) Wait for 60 seconds.
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.
5) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
Also, try cleaning the ink cartridges. Refer to step# 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8 from this document.
If the issue still persists, please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee