05-02-2020 12:55 PM
Hi, I have been printing photos on the HP Envy 5010, using Hp A4 photo paper.
Most of the time it will print perfectly but now and again it will unexpectedly print one quarter of the job and a pop up will appear on my laptop stating 'error printing' the printer than cancels the job and ejects the paper. I always make sure the settings are set to photo paper and I only load one sheet into the printer at a time to prevent the sheets getting jammed.
I have had this error many times before but have never found out what exactly causes this to happen.
I have wasted a lot of photo paper over the months when this has happened.
I have attached a photo from the error that has just happened whilst attempting to print a photo. The previous two I printed before this printed perfect but this 3rd print failed to print.
05-05-2020 02:53 PM
@victoriax, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Does the print preview looks good?
Are you able to print fine on plain paper?
Follow the steps below-
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printing/scanning issues.
For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor
Check the printer driver settings. Refer to the document for help- HP Printers - Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows) and HP Printers - How to Print Photos (Windows) for help.
If the issue persists, I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
8). Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.
If you still have issues, try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:
• Uninstall the printer drivers. Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.
• When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.
• Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.
Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
05-05-2020 03:11 PM
Thank you for the response.
This error has also happened with fine paper so it doesn't appear to be an issue with the photo paper.
The print preview is good. I can usually tell when it is going to cancel the job before completing the print out as the printer prints extremely slow then there will be a pop up on my laptop stating error printing and the printer ejects the paper.
I would love to find out exactly what causes this issue as I am not only losing pages per month but a lot of photo paper goes to waste because of this.
I will try the driver settings as you suggested.
06-17-2020 05:27 PM
Hi I am still experiencing this problem. The printer starts printing but does not complete the job. It states 'cancelling' on the printer then ejects the paper
I've had to purchase an extra 2 sets of prints because of this problem using up my monthly pages. I'll attach photos of the recent print I last attempted to print an hour ago.
I would appreciate if you could credit these pages or cancel the extra charge as I am not getting my prints printed out correctly. It's only printing maybe 10 percent of the print. Out of every 10 pages only 3 or so will fully print.
I have tried the above steps (scan doctor and installing the driver) but it has not fixed this issue.