Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Due to the schools in our state closing for the rest of the year and having to work from home, we need to increase from the free monthly instant ink plan to a higher plan.  I was wondering if there is any discount right now due to the situation.  

My other question is that I have no problem paying for a higher plan, but it sounds like once you upgrade, you can’t downgrade.  My printing will only increase for a few months and I want to be able to drop back down to the free plan.  How can I make this work so that I’m not stuck with a higher plan each month than what I need?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Another option would be to order new trade ink cartridges from any nearby store for example.

When you replace all the ink cartridges in the printer to trade cartridges, any page won't count for HP Instant Ink and won't require to change a plan.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have been looking for same answers too. Here in the UK schools closed, my two high school age girls have been working from home with teachers sending work via email then kids print then send photos of completed work back.
I have been working reduced hours in my workplace as i am a key worker managing a supported housing scheme. I am working from home as much as possible which also means printing more at home due to COVID-19. These measures have made me exceed my monthly limit. 
Are the other ink cartridges available for people/parents working from home due to COVID-19 in any support plan or discounted rate?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.