Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer
Chrome OS

I got an email from HP stating that:

"Your HP OfficeJet 3835 All-in-One Printer is using a firmware version that will soon be obsolete. By updating it for free today, you will ensure that your printer continues operating securely and your HP Instant Ink service continues without disruption."

I have tried following the instructions to update in the email, but my printer says it has the latest firmware. However, I worry that perhaps the printer is no longer supported and that the only available firmware is going to be obsolete. I can't speak to an HP human because I bought my printer just over a year ago (early 2019) and the warranty has now expired. The Virtual Assistant is terrible. I am hoping someone on here might have an answer.

I worry about the following message:

"‌If you do not update your firmware by the deadline above, you will lose the ability to print with Instant Ink subscription cartridges, even if they are already in your printer. We apologize that we will have to close your HP Instant Ink account after 14 November 2020 if the firmware is not updated."

Can anyone please help? Any help appreciate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Sammyfb 

Thanks for your return,

Please forgive me, I expressed myself badly at your level.

@Sammyfb wrote:

I attempted to do the update and the printer informed me that there were no new updates available for my printer.

The information you provide above informs us that your printer is up to date.

Since your printer is already up to date, you can ignore the email received by the HP Instant Ink service and your printer will still be supported by the service even after the mentioned date.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Sammyfb 

Hello,

If the printer has already installed the updates, you do not need to worry. The e-mail is sent only if the updates are not installed. It would have been sent to everyone with the HP OfficeJet 3830 series printer.

So, if the printer is already up to date, please ignore this e-mail. Your printer will still be supported by the HP Instant Ink service.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hi Mans, Thanks for responding.

You mentioned that the email is only sent if the update is not installed - I received the email would that mean they were aware that my printer has auto-updated the firmware?

I attempted to do the update and the printer informed me that there were no new updates available for my printer. At first, I assumed the printer did it automatically, but I don't often leaven my printer on when it is not being used. So I was concerned that I am just making that assumption and began to worry whether my printer is becoming obsolete. 

The problem is I don't know if it is up-to-date. I'm not sure what version of firmware is should have as the 'updated version'. 

HP Recommended

@Sammyfb 

Thanks for your return,

Please forgive me, I expressed myself badly at your level.

@Sammyfb wrote:

I attempted to do the update and the printer informed me that there were no new updates available for my printer.

The information you provide above informs us that your printer is up to date.

Since your printer is already up to date, you can ignore the email received by the HP Instant Ink service and your printer will still be supported by the service even after the mentioned date.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the advice.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.