Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had applied instant ink plan and recieved the new ink, but I don't know how to ask for more ink if I drain my new ink.

I didn't see any option for that in HP Smart.

Moreover, How do I give back the ink case I used. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @RaymondZ

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

HP will send you replacement cartridges before you run out of ink. When your enrolled printer is connected to the Internet, your printer automatically orders ink for you because it knows when you are low on ink.

You will only get cartridges when your printer tells us you need them. HP Instant Ink cartridges are extra high capacity, and they contain months-worth of ink depending on your usage.

When you sign up for an HP Instant Ink plan, you pay a monthly fee to print a defined number of pages per month. The plans are based on the number of pages that you print, not on how many ink cartridges you use. Your monthly fee pays for ink, shipping, and recycling. If you do not print all of your plan pages in a month, you can roll over up to two times the number of pages per month in your plan. 

HP Instant Ink cartridges are the property of HP and must be returned when empty, or when your service is cancelled. Postage-paid cartridge recycling envelopes are included with most HP Instant Ink shipments. To maximize environmental benefits, wait until you have three to eight empty cartridges, fill the envelope, and then send them back together. 

If you do not have a postage-paid recycling envelope, either wait for the next ink shipment or order an extra envelope from your Instant Ink account page - 

1) Go to hpinstantink.com/signin (the HP Connected website) to sign in to your HP Instant Ink account, if you are not signed in already.

2) On your HP Instant Ink account page, click Order a Cartridge Recycling Envelope in the Help Center area.

Clicking Order a cartridge recycling envelope in the Help Center

3) Review your order, and then click Submit.

Note - Cartridge recycling is not available in Italy or Portugal. Follow local regulations to dispose of cartridges responsibly.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @RaymondZ

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

HP will send you replacement cartridges before you run out of ink. When your enrolled printer is connected to the Internet, your printer automatically orders ink for you because it knows when you are low on ink.

You will only get cartridges when your printer tells us you need them. HP Instant Ink cartridges are extra high capacity, and they contain months-worth of ink depending on your usage.

When you sign up for an HP Instant Ink plan, you pay a monthly fee to print a defined number of pages per month. The plans are based on the number of pages that you print, not on how many ink cartridges you use. Your monthly fee pays for ink, shipping, and recycling. If you do not print all of your plan pages in a month, you can roll over up to two times the number of pages per month in your plan. 

HP Instant Ink cartridges are the property of HP and must be returned when empty, or when your service is cancelled. Postage-paid cartridge recycling envelopes are included with most HP Instant Ink shipments. To maximize environmental benefits, wait until you have three to eight empty cartridges, fill the envelope, and then send them back together. 

If you do not have a postage-paid recycling envelope, either wait for the next ink shipment or order an extra envelope from your Instant Ink account page - 

1) Go to hpinstantink.com/signin (the HP Connected website) to sign in to your HP Instant Ink account, if you are not signed in already.

2) On your HP Instant Ink account page, click Order a Cartridge Recycling Envelope in the Help Center area.

Clicking Order a cartridge recycling envelope in the Help Center

3) Review your order, and then click Submit.

Note - Cartridge recycling is not available in Italy or Portugal. Follow local regulations to dispose of cartridges responsibly.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.