Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Free trail or scam

HP Recommended
officejet 9015
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

How is it a free trail when for the first two months you are using the starter cartridges that came with the printer, and this would be so even if you didn't sign up for instant ink?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,985 11,978 751 913
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Johnnny1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Have you enrolled the printer is Instant Ink?

Did you receive an offer for 2 months free trial?

Instant Ink service starts only when you install the Instant Ink cartridges in the printer. It does not count pages you print using the ink cartridges that came with the printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not correct.  Instant ink is counting pages printed using my starter cartridges.  I haven't received the instant ink cartridges yet but my "free trail" has started as of the 1st day I installed the printer and I will start to be charged in 60 days according to the Instat Ink official site. So I believe my inital post is correct as my starter ink is counted against pages printed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,985 11,978 751 913
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Johnnny1

In this case, kindly contact the Instant Ink support team in your region who will sort out the issue and make necessary changes to your account.

Click here to visit the home page of HP Instant Ink from where you can contact the support team.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After a half hour on the phone with HP I conclude the free trail is a scam. Because when you setup the printer with the starter cartrdiges you have seven days to sign up for intsant ink to get the two month free trail.  By signing up within the seven days you "surrender your ink to the progam and all pages printed count as the free trail.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation