Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-08-2022 05:24 AM - last edited on 10-08-2022 09:26 AM by MarcusC
I have to touch the blinking paper feed button when I want a document to print. I have updated the firmware, plugged the printer directly into the wall electrical outlet, unplugged and replugged in the power cord and restarted the printer. It does not matter if I am printing via USB or wifi direct. I am unable to use instant ink due to poor internet where I live.
10-09-2022 09:19 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP DeskJet 3755 All-In-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware & macOS
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
- Update software on Mac
- Uninstall and Re-Install HP Software
Please refer to this document: Manual Two-Sided Printing on HP Printers from a Mac OS
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
10-10-2022 05:32 AM
Thank you for the detailed and clear instructions. Unfortunately this did not resolve my issue. My firmware is update, my Mac software is up to date on all devices, the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet after following power drain instructions. I can only print Wi-Fi direct or with usb cable. When I send a document to the printer from any of my devices the paper feeder button still blinks and has to be pressed to begin feeding. I guess I should be happy that I can still print and live with this minor inconvenience of having to manually start the paper feed. If you have any other suggestions, I am open to trying. Thank you.
10-10-2022 12:51 PM
Thank you for your response, I really appreciate your efforts. As the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action.
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
10-11-2022 05:01 AM
I’ve tried a number of times and it tells me that the help system is not available. It looks like I will also have to pay for service since my printer is out of warranty. Depending on the cost, I may chose to continue to be inconvenienced by this one issue - it does not make sense to pay more than a nominal sum of money for an item that can be replaced for less than $100. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.