Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-24-2022 08:50 AM - last edited on 10-26-2022 10:12 AM by Ric_ob
My printer is not connected to HP Instant Ink all of a sudden. I put in new ink cartridges and information light is orange and stagne
11-16-2022 05:53 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I am glad to assist you to fix the web service connection error on your printer.
How is the printer connected?
Meanwhile, follow these steps to fix the issue.
Turn On Web Services
- Make sure the printer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active internet connection.
- NOTE: If you connect your printer to a computer with a USB cable, web-connected printing services do not work.
- If your printer is connected with a wired (Ethernet) connection, check the cable and the lights on the printer’s Ethernet port. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.
- If your printer is connected with a wireless connection, make sure the wireless feature is on and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.
- Some printers have a wireless icon and a blue light on the front of the printer. If the printer has a blue light, and the light is on and not blinking, your printer is connected.
- Print a Network configuration or Wireless Network Test Results page using button combinations on the printer control panel.
- NOTE: Make sure to type the IP address into the internet browser's address box. If typed into a toolbar search box or search engine, the EWS does not open.
- If a login or certificate window displays, complete the information to finish opening the EWS.
- If a website security certificate displays, click Continue to open the EWS.
- If a login window opens, type admin for the username, and then type the PIN found on the printer UPC sticker located underneath or on the back of the printer, or the password set by the printer administrator.
- On the EWS, click the Web Services tab.
- If the tab is not available, your printer does not support Web Services.
- If a summary page displays, Web Services is already on.
- If a setup page displays, follow the prompts to turn on Web Services.
- NOTE: If you cannot turn on Web Services, make sure the printer firmware is up-to-date. For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.
Refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee