12-19-2019 02:24 AM
Hey! I found some threads on this subject but have tried all the things told to the others - restarting printer and having it re-set up. I installed new 302 ink cartridges last night and they worked fine for about 20 minutes and then all of a sudden stopped. The error message reads INCOMPATIBLE CARTRIDGES which isn't true, I have the real 302 colour + black installed. Does anyone know how to help?
12-21-2019 02:01 PM
I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns
Please try these steps and let me know if they help
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer and clean the electrical contacts with lint free cloth
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
Next ensure the printer has the latest Firmware. You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Keep me posted 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue
I Am An HP Employee
12-23-2019 02:28 AM
Hey! I did all of this three times but the error message comes on straight after re-opening the printer after pulling the cord etc. I now tried buying new HP cartridges and they work perfectly fine - do you know why the ones I used for 5 prints would stop working and being rejected by the printer? I can't buy new ink all the time and would love to know if you think I could install them again ( I have tried switching back but the message stays the same...!!!!). Thank you
12-23-2019 02:57 AM
This could be an issue with the ink cartridges. You can get them replaced by reaching out to the HP Support in your region.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee