Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-10-2022 07:29 PM - last edited on 11-11-2022 08:10 AM by Ric_ob
I'm getting error message on printer "HP Envy 4520 Incompatible HP Instant Ink Cartridges" when trying to print. HP Smart app won't connect to printer/update status. Tried the HP support Virtual Assistant but no resolution. I am enrolled in the Instant Ink Cartridge program, connected the printer via WiFi.
Please help and thank you in advance!
11-17-2022 06:19 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an ink cartridge issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Was there any recent update on the printer prior to the issue?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Restart the computer, printer, and router
- To resolve many connectivity issues, restart the computer, printer, and router.
- NOTE: The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before you continue.
- Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.
- Turn off the printer.
- Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.
- Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.
- Turn on the printer.
- Turn on the computer.
- Try to turn on Web Services.
- If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
Let's disable webservices and re-enable it
- Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address
- Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP
- click on webservices and remove webservices and re-enable it
- If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP Inkjet printers - Ink cartridge errors
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee