Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Envy Photo 6255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer is NOT used very often. Have not come close to printing 200 pages, which the HP Ink 64 (black) states it can support. 

Black Ink printing has been problematic. The print quality recently has every other black line not printing. I've ran the Clean Cartridge protocol. All 4 levels. Still having an every other line not printing, but now it's progressed into almost no black ink printing. 

I've checked the ink levels and it's about 40 - 50% full. Spoke with an agent, online, and she stated it might be a printer head cleanliness/clogged issue? Hence, why I ran the clean cartridge process. 

Product is out of warranty. July 2020. 

Possible solutions? I don't want to keep buying new cartridges with a 50% lifespan remaining. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DKL85, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing the necessary troubleshooting steps.

Make sure you have tried the steps mentioned in this document to resolve this issue - Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues.

If the issue persists, this could be a defective black ink cartridge or an issue with the printer itself. To conclude this, you will have to use an alternate black ink cartridge.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.