Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-06-2022 09:53 AM - last edited on 08-09-2022 12:13 PM by JessikaV
I have an HP Office Jet 5255 and have recently subscribed to instant ink. When I log into my HP account - it tells me everything is connected, working, etc. But when I go to print - my screen on my printer states "Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink". But here's another part of the deal - when I first put both of the cartridges in - I printed approximately 10 pages and then I got this message. I've contact HP like three times - gotten new cartridges and still the same thing. At this point I'm thinking about going back to the cartridges I either have to order via Amazon or go to the actual store and buy. Please help!
08-29-2022 01:42 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an Ink Cartridge issue with your HP Office Jet 5255 Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Was there any recent update on the printer prior to the issue?
- Is the blue light solid on the printer?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP Inkjet printers - Ink cartridge errors
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee