Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Inspire 7220e All-in-One Printer

HP Instant Ink and your Customer Service Team are absolutely atrocious. I just bought this printer only less than two weeks ago and one of the only reasoned I bought this over a canon was because of the Instant Ink service.

Well 7 days into owning the printer. I regret my decision. Should have bought a canon.

My printer came with Ink that showed as 75% or less full to begin with. So let's start from there. It showed then as low on my Printer only 2 days after I started working with it at which point I thought I might be sent some ink. No. 2 Days After that when the ink was 'Very Low' i receive an email telling me they've sent me some ink. I think okay, great hopefully I will receive it before i run out. Laugh at myself here. We're now on the 7th Day without any ink, not being able to work from home and sat with a useless printer wasting away a free trial that delivers no ink. 

I check my tracking... Royal Mail are waiting to receive it also. So it isn't even with my courier. 7 days by the way. And I quote 'Before you run out'. I spoke to the absolutely horrible customer service who did not give a flying ***bleep*** about my issue. All they said was 'sorry this isn't the service we expect you to recieve'. Okay great, now what are you going to do. Takes 10 minutes between each reply only to come back, i'm sorry. Okay great? I don't ***bleep*** whether you're sorry? Do something about me not having Ink for a week.

I was on WhatsApp Chat for over an hour, for the customer service representative Raheim to reply less than 8 times with nothing but bull. I was checking your tracking ID he said once.. Yeah I just did that in less than 5 seconds and could tell you that It hasn't arrived with the courier. You took 10 minutes to tell me the exact same thing. Useless. Absolutely useless customer service. 

I asked 4 times to be put through to a supervisor, just ignored. Every single time. Oh and even better, He said and i quote 'Your Ink will be with you in 2 days'. Bare in mind its now Thursday, therefore as per what he explained I won't be getting any delivery on Saturday or Sunday, meaning Monday at the earliest. If it even arrives. It's a scam.

Monday delivery would make it 11 days without ink.

Is there a way we can complain formally and claim compensation for loss of earnings? Because for one, they are breaking EU International Law for false advertising for one. I'll be contacting the news and looking into a claim.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @tomstarkuk,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your instant ink account.

I am sorry for the inconvenience and the trouble you are going through but the support here is limited to software issue.

As you are looking to escalate your concern. I've sent you a private message with the instructions. In order to access your private messages, Click the Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.