Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

i'm starting to feel like this instant ink is a scam. I have previously attempted to cancel this service, and failed because the lack of instruction on how to cancel it. And this live chat is useless. and i cannot find support email.

This time i cancelled it and now it says my account is suspended because i didn't pay and i won't be able to print? 

Well i cancelled it -_-. 

How do i get out of this scam?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@evemdiedlkade, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that you've had issues with your Instant Ink Account and you also canceled the account, refer to the document HP Instant Ink - Cancel Your HP Instant Ink Service for additional help.

If you'd want to stop cancelation, use the document HP Instant Ink - Stop a Cancellation.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Instant Ink is a scam!  And there is no help for it, as far as I have found.  My printer hasn't been functioning for months because of this issue.

HP Recommended

The service is already cancelled.

"Your service was cancelled on May 16, 2020. Your printer is no longer enrolled in HP Instant Ink. HP Instant Ink cartridges will no longer work with your printer."

May 31, 2020

HP Instant Ink Service Suspended

May 17, 2020

HP Instant Ink Service Payment Problem

May 16, 2020

HP Instant Ink Service Cancelled

This is such a scam.

HP Recommended

@evemdiedlkade

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This isnt to reply to your post but to share with others. 

the response from HP. 

Your account stands canceled.

Refer to the points below-

• HP Instant Ink cartridges do not work after the end of your current billing period, and you are required to return them to HP. To continue printing after your billing cycle ends, make sure you have standard replacement ink cartridges ready to use in your printer.

If you do not have the postage-paid envelope provided by HP, go to Recycle HP Instant Ink Cartridges to order an envelope.*

• There is no pro-rated reimbursement for the remainder of your billing period.

• Your service continues until the end of your current billing period.

You'll have to replace the cartridges with regular ink.

what is this ridiculous bs HP has going on here? We pay for subscription to get the cartridges which means we bought the cartridges. Now they expect me to return what i paid for so that i can continue to use my printer. 

HP Recommended

@evemdiedlkade

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This forum seems useless and instant ink itself is scamming.
“Thank you for reaching out to us. Here on HP Forums, we are separate from the HP Instant Ink Team.“

and instant ink live chat is useless and helpless for sure. Cant even connect to a live agent

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.