Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2600
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi there 
I am trying to understand why my printer is flashing with an orange light on the information button, and when I try to print it says "check the printer for errors" and doesnt print but there is no further information about what it is.

The printer is connected to the right network, and there is an envelope sign with a water drop flashing (seen in picture in the middle). Apparently this is an instant ink icon but I think I have enough ink obviously, so I dont get it.

I know the printing itself works because it prints test and diagnostic pages fine.
I tried already unplugging everything and letting the charge go and resetting it. I tried resetting the connection. No change.

Please can you tell me what is because I cant find this information in my leaflets or online?
Thank you so much!
envelope sign with water droplet flashing in the middle and info button flashing orangeenvelope sign with water droplet flashing in the middle and info button flashing orange

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please open HP Smart on your computer.

If your printer is not yet set up on the app, click the Plus sign and add it.

Double-click your printer name.

Under Advanced, select Printer Home Page (EWS) or Advanced Settings.

Click or tap Tools

What is the shown printer status?  May it show any HP Instant Ink related error?

Additionally, may you see any error on your HP Instant Ink account page?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-instant-ink-series/5264756/model/5401249/document/c03775538

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.