Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3755
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help, HP has disabled web services on my Deskjet 3755 so the printer is disabled. I have spoken with four customer care agents and have been on hold waiting for another one. I've spent over 6 hours on the phone today added to several hours on chat twice to resolve this problem. Here is what I just posted on an Instant Ink forum:

I did not enroll in the instant ink program when my printer arrived last April, but I must have been pre-enrolled because shortly after the printer arrived, a black and color cartridge of instant ink arrived. A month or so later I tried to enroll, but kept getting an error message that my printer was not on line even though I had no problem printing via wifi from my laptop. Then emails started arriving from HP asking me to update my credit card info. My credit card had been hacked and replaced shortly after buying the printer on line. I assumed I wasn't enrolled in instant ink, so why update my information? After three or four emails from HP, they disabled my printer by disabling web services. So I called or chatted and found that HP would not re-enable the printer until they had my credit card. So I'd been automatically enrolled. I think this may be illegal and will be consulting my state consumer protection department, but for the time being at least I had a working printer. Then last week, I finally installed the instant ink sent months ago. (I don't use this printer often.) It didn't work. I chatted with a tech person at HP for two hours. He finally agreed the cartridge was bad and arranged to send me a new one. I asked him if he would do me a favor and unsubscribe me from instant ink. He agreed and succeeded in freeing my printer from this scourge. But it didn't. I installed the new cartridge today, and once again HP has disabled web services so my printer does not work. I'm about to pack the printer up and send it back to HP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After checking the Instant Ink site, I found that the subscription does not cancel until the end of the month. I hope I do not receive more cartridges. I'm sure once I plug one in, the web services will be disabled. I will mark this topic as fixed, but I will never ever buy another HP product. Ever.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

An HP tech finally helped me clear the web services disable, and I can use the printer now. That's the good news. He told me I'm probably still subscribed to instant ink and the problem will return. Sure enough, as soon as I got off the phone I got an email from instant ink saying I need more (I did print out over 30 pages in the process of debugging the problem!), so I went to the website and it shows me "cancelling" but still subscribed. Arrgh...

HP Recommended

@mapleoakhickory, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After checking the Instant Ink site, I found that the subscription does not cancel until the end of the month. I hope I do not receive more cartridges. I'm sure once I plug one in, the web services will be disabled. I will mark this topic as fixed, but I will never ever buy another HP product. Ever.

HP Recommended

@mapleoakhickory The details of your Instant Ink service being cancelled at the end of the billing cycle is mentioned clearly in the terms and conditions of this service along with everything else you need to clarify about the same, that said, here's additional information on cancellation for your reference: click here to view (It's quite transparent)

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if there's anything else you need help with.

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.