05-31-2019 07:28 AM - last edited on 07-02-2019 02:45 AM by NitM
I have set the printer to go to sleep mode after 15 mins, but I can't tell any difference, does the light flash or something as it is normal looking, the printer is the dj2630, any halp would be appreciated, as I have to be connected for the instant ink program.
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-01-2019 07:10 AM
Hey there! @Mike90001,
Try updating the printer firmware and check if it helps. Note: Use a Windows PC to update the printer firmware.
Update the printer firmware using this link. Click Here
Try the steps recommended below.
Power usage is reduced while in Sleep mode.
After initial setup of printer, the printer will enter Sleep mode after 5 minutes of inactivity.
To change the time to Sleep mode
1. Open the embedded web server (EWS). For more information, see Open the embedded web server
on page 72.
2. Click the Settings tab.
3. In the Power Management section, click Energy Save Mode, and select the desired option.
4. Click Apply
Also, refer the printer user guide to know more information about sleep mode settings. Click Here
Note: Refer page 22 for more information.
Lastly, assign a static IP to the printer and check if it helps.
• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
• Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
• Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
• Click on the radio button which says, “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
• Click on radio button which says, “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 188.8.131.52 and under manual alternate type 184.108.40.206 (This is Google DNS server address)
• Restart the printer and then router once done.
Hope this answers your query!
Have a great day ahead! 🙂
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee